ABAI Ambassador Program
The ABAI Science Board is pleased to announce its new Ambassador Program to assist in covering ABAI members’ registration and travel (up to $1,500 total) to conferences historically unattended (or sparsely attended) by behavior analysts. This competitive program is open to ABAI members who are willing to serve as ambassadors and represent the organization/field at a professional conference. The funds are contingent on the applicant having work accepted for dissemination at the conference (e.g., presentation, poster, panel), and reimbursement will be made upon return from the conference and submission of a brief report detailing outreach efforts on behalf of ABAI. Ideally, your proposed mechanisms for serving as an ABAI ambassador will be distinct from, and in addition to, the dissemination of your behavior analytic work.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application form (link below).
- Current CV.
- Letter of intent proposing how the applicant will perform ABAI outreach at the conference. (Priority will be given to those with novel means.)
All applications will be scored by members of the ABAI Science Board; decisions will be returned to applicants within 3 weeks of submission. If funded, the applicant is expected to share details regarding the outreach efforts in a report to ABAI, as well as a note in Inside Behavior Analysis, ABAI's member publication, or via an invited Science Board panel discussion at a subsequent ABAI annual convention.
Examples of conferences eligible for this funding include the following:
- Association for Psychological Science
- College of Problems of Drug Dependence
- Comparative Cognition Society
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Gatlinburg Conference
- International Study Group Investigating Drugs as Reinforcers
- National Association of School Psychologists
- Pavlovian Society
- Psychonomic Society
- Research Society on Alcoholism
- Society of Behavioral Medicine
- Society for Judgment and Decision Making
- Society for Mathematical Psychology
- Society for Neuroscience
- Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco
Successful applicants must submit a report of the event to describe successes and follow-up opportunities, along with registration/travel receipts here within 30 days of the event.
PLEASE MAKE YOUR APPLICATION HERE.