Eighth International Conference; Kyoto, Japan; 2015
Use the menu on the left to view sessions, workshops, and special events. If you do not see a day, area, or other category listed in the left navigation, there are no events matching that category.
ABAI is currently approved to offer continuing education for Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB), American Psychological Association (PSY),
National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), and Qualified Applied Behavior Analysis Credentialing Board (QABA). Certain conferences or
sessions may be approved for other types of CE as well.
In general, 50-minute sessions are worth 1 CE credit; 80-minute sessions are worth 1.5 credits; and 110-minute sessions are worth 2 credits.
The type of CE each session offers—if any—is indicated in the online program, the app, and the printed program. Not all sessions are approved to offer CE, so please double check one of those sources if in doubt.
Additional information about CE policies and procedures can be found here.
The program area abbreviations are spelled out below. Complete descriptions of each area can be found here.
- AAB: Applied Animal Behavior
- AUT: Autism
- BPN: Behavioral Pharmacology and Neuroscience
- CBM: Clinical/Family/Behavioral Medicine
- CSS: Community, Social, and Sustainability Issues
- DDA: Developmental Disabilities
- DEV: Behavioral Development
- EAB: Experimental Analysis of Behavior
- EDC: Education
- OBM: Organizational Behavior Management
- PCH: Philosophical, Conceptual, and Historical Issues
- TBA: Teaching Behavior Analysis
- VRB: Verbal Behavior
Program area logic. To assist attendees in identifying events that are most relevant to them, program areas might be understood as follows:
- basic and theoretical work is often found in behavioral pharmacology and neuroscience (BPN); behavioral development (DEV); experimental analysis of behavior (EAB); philosophical, conceptual, and historic issues (PCH); science (SCI); and verbal behavior (VRB).
- Work addressing clinical populations is often found under autism (AUT), clinical and behavioral medicine (CBM), and developmental disabilities (DDA).
- Work addressing organizations is often found under applied animal behavior (AAB), community, social, and sustainability issues (CSS), education (EDC), organizational behavior management (OBM), and teaching behavior analysis (TBA).
- practice (PRA) pertains to issues related to clinical practice. PRA does touch on other areas, as it relates to both basic science as well as issues related to professional practice, such as ethical considerations, insurance, and how to get grants.
The four program domains are applied research, basic research, service delivery, and theory. Complete explanations of each domain can be found here.
Payment for Workshops
Some, but not all, ABAI events include workshops. When they do,
workshops have tuition in addition to the conference/convention registration fee.
When viewing the full description of a workshop, click “Register for Workshop” to go to the online store,
where you can click “Add to Cart.” Do this for each workshop you would like to attend. Click “View Cart”
in the left navigation menu to begin the checkout process. All payments must be in U.S. funds.
You must be logged in to your ABAI portal account to check out.